Over the years, OHEYS has been given several prestigious awards. These recognize our organization and its program directors’ pioneering work in the innovative recruitment, training and use of community volunteers and coaches to promote heath, community wellness and strong inclusion practices for children and youth with autism.
- Mayor’s Volunteer Service Award – OHEYS
- Premier’s Volunteer Certificate of Recognition – OHEYS
- YMCA/YWCA Woman of Distinction Award, Recreation, Sport and Community Living – OHEYS Program Director
- National CAPHERD Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year Award – OHEYS Co-founder and Board Member
- Dr. R. Samuel Laycock Award, Manitoba Association of Parent Councils Canadian Home and School Federation for OHEYS’ work in developing the education of exceptional children (autism and motor skills challenges) – OHEYS
- OHEYS has received very positive publicity over the years. OHEYS has been profiled in The Winnipeg Free Press. The Winnipeg
- Foundation produced a promo of OHEYS autism programs in a 75-sec television spot produced and aired by CTV.
“Congratulations… to the Winnipeg Optimal Health Early Years Sports ClubCongratulations… to the Winnipeg Optimal Health Early Years Sports Club for being named recipient of the Mayor’s Volunteer Service Award for providing physical activity programming for children with autism. Volunteerism is the very foundation of sports delivery in Manitoba. It is because of organizations such as yours, and the contributions you have made to sport development, that we have a thriving sport delivery system in the province. A strong sport delivery system makes for stronger communities.
-JEFF HNATIUK, PRESIDENT & CEO, SPORT MANITOBA